Saturday 14 March 2015

All Through The Night (A Parody)

The latest open mic meeting of the Pub Poets was on St David's Day. Accordingly, the theme chosen was "Wales Tales", or "Whale's Tails" for those of a more nautical nature.

I'd already written something of that ilk last June (or thereabouts) so I wanted something of a different nature. I still had not had any inspiration two days before the event. And then...

"I know. I'll write some different words to that lovely Welsh tune - All through the Night." So here we are.

All Through the Night (A Parody)
Last month I had trouble sleeping – All through the Night.
Smoke alarm had started beeping – All through the Night.
Had to get up, climb a ladder
Change the batt’ry, then I had a––
––nother break to void my bladder – All through the Night.

Did a spot of babysitting – All through the Night.
Wasn’t fun, don’t mind admitting – All through the Night.
Asked to do things, he’s declining,
Fussy eater when he’s dining
Woke me up with all his whining – All through the Night.

Used to work ungodly hours – All through the Night.
for a boss like Austin Powers – All through the Night.
Bloke thought he was oh-so-dashing,
Set the ladies’ teeth a-gnashing,
But then he was done for flashing – All through the Night.

Ev’ry weekend we go boozing – All through the Night.
Finding silly things amusing – All through the Night.
Once I had a dodgy curry;
Was so drunk I could not hurry.
How could there be so much slurry? – All through the Night.

Lately I’ve been sitting, writing – All through the Night.
Though my bed looks quite inviting – All through the Night.
Not just stories; you know when you
Get the in-spir-a-tion then you
Write a po-em for this venue – All through the Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment